Do you ever forget to take care of yourself?
Yes, I know. You are busy with…life: work, school, family, friends, or volunteering. But if you don’t take care of yourself, who will?
Self-care isn’t accomplished with a one-and-done routine. Tiny self-care activities to regularly include in your life will enhance your body, mind and soul.
- Have a self-date – what have you been putting off doing become you can’t find someone to go with you? Do it anyway because you love it! Go spend an hour alone doing something that nourishes you.
- Conduct a Beauty Scavenger Hunt – as you walk in the neighborhood, or on your commute to work, allow yourself to slow down and really look at your surroundings…perhaps look for five beautiful things that surprise you.
- Laugh out loud – read the comics or watch a classic TV sit-com; or one of my favorites watching Simon’s Cat on YouTube
- Up your Vitamin “D” Dosage – spend 15-minutes basking in the sunshine.
- Reach up and Exhale Down – stretch out the kinks by standing on your tiptoes and reaching as high as you can. Today, the average office worker sits for about 10 hours a day. Medical researchers tell us that prolonged sitting may result in significantly higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer and depression as well as muscle and joint problems.
- Unplug for an hour – take a temporary time out. Switch everything to airplane mode and disconnect from technology. Listen to the quiet. Yes, you may even hear what you think.
- Pay complete attention to one thing you usually do on auto-pilot with new awareness.
If you’re feeling creative, come up with something refreshingly new, and share here.